Audio/video playback issues
Check your web browser’s settings
- Make sure that you are using either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Make sure your web browser is fully up to date.
- Check the browser’s microphone and webcam settings to make sure the correct input is selected and that VoiceThread has not been blocked.
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Make sure your browse allows third-party cookies.
Restart your computer
A simple computer restart can help with some issues, especially if it has been a while since you last restarted or if you have lots of other applications running.
Settings for your computer
Make sure that the correct microphone and/or webcam is selected in your computer’s sound input settings. If you can successfully record audio or video in other applications, you can skip this step.
Check your network settings
VoiceThread requires certain URLs and ports to be open on your network or allowed in your browser. If one is blocked, this may prevent successful recording. Click here if you are working on a local area network.
Try another internet connection and computer
Trying another location and/or computer will help narrow down where the issue is occurring at the very least. It will also allow you to complete your VoiceThread work in the short term while you continue troubleshooting your own computer or network.